Join the Team!
Are you sure you’re part of the team for the 2019-2020 school year?
Review the steps below to make sure that you have done everything required to be an official member of Team 3128!
Though Intro Day and NarWeek have passed, if you are still interested in joining the team, contact one of our student leaders for more information, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that our Mechanical and Controls departments are at capacity for the 2019-20 season. To find out about our other departments, visit here.
- Sign up on our team roster. This will get you added to our mailing list so you know everything that is going on. Please use an email you check regularly.
- Sign up on STIMS, our league information manager. This will let you attend tournaments and be involved in official robotics events off-campus. This step requires a parental unit to finish. You can find detailed instructions for new members here and returning members here.
- Turn in a Safety Waiver. You and your parental unit will need to read, understand, agree to, and sign the safety waiver. Please turn in the physical waiver to a mentor at the workshop.
- Complete Team 3128 Safety Training. Because of the nature of what we do, safety is paramount to our team. That’s why we require all members to complete safety training before Oct. 11th, 2019; after this date, no entry will be granted into the workshop unless you complete safety training.
- Review the Team Handbook Team 3128 Handbook. You will also need both you and your parent to sign the “Code of Conduct Agreement” page, located on the second page of the same document as the Safety Waiver (see Step 3).
After that, the only thing left to do is to show up! You can also check out our calendar and blog updates to find out about all the things happening in robotics. You can also email our leaders to ask any questions you may have.
Finding the Workshop
Our Workshop is located right under the Learning Commons. You can see where our workshop is on this map. There are two ways to get to our workshop:
- From the school. Take the stairs between the B building and the Learning Commons towards the Admin Parking Lot. Our workshop is just past the Nest on the right side of the gate (the fenced-in area).
- From the Admin Parking Lot Our workshop can be accessed by entering the large concrete sidewalk just right of the Administration building. It is the fenced-in area.
Growing Your Skills
After you’ve signed up, there are lots of different ways to grow your skills:
Learn your way around the workshop. Through various talks and hands-on explanations, mentors and students explain how to use various tools and the various procedures of the team.
Attend Workshops and Classes, Throughout preseason, our members and mentors will be giving lessons and working with new members to help them learn more and be ready for build season.
Be Involved. Often, the best learning experience comes with jumping right into it. With the guidance of more experienced mentors and members, pursue projects and participate in what interests you.
Take a look at our team resources. Our team has collected information that we think is important, and you can find all of that on our resources page.
If you have any scheduling/team questions, you can also check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.