Join the Team!
Becoming a part of robotics is very easy. There are just a few steps:
- Stop by the workshop! For new members who would like to join in the Fall, you can contact us or stop by our workshop and talk to one of our student leaders. We’ll introduce you to our five departments (Mechanical, Controls, Business, Marketing, and Strategy), and the department heads will be able to get you started with classes and projects.
- Sign up on our team roster. This will get you added to our mailing list so you know everything that is going on. Please use an email you check regularly.
- Sign up on STIMS, our league information manager. This will let you attend tournaments and be involved in official robotics events off-campus. This step requires a parental unit to finish. You can find detailed instructions for new members here and returning members here.
- Turn in a Safety Waiver. You and your parental unit will need to read, understand, agree to, and sign the safety waiver. Please turn in the physical waiver to a mentor at the workshop.
- Complete Team 3128 Safety Training. Because of the nature of what we do, safety is paramount to our team. That’s why we require all members to complete safety training before Sept. 26, 2018; after this date, no entry will be granted into the workshop unless you complete safety training.
- Review the Team Handbook Team 3128 Handbook.
After that, the only thing left to do is to show up! You can also check out our calendar and blog updates to find out about all the things happening in robotics. You can also email our leaders to ask any questions you may have.
Also, don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter!
Finding the Workshop
Our Workshop is located right under the Learning Commons. You can see where our workshop is on this map. There are two ways to get to our workshop:
- From the school. Take the stairs between the B building and the Learning Commons towards the Admin Parking Lot. Our workshop is just past the Nest on the right side of the gate.
- From the Admin Parking Lot Our workshop can be accessed by enterring the large concrete sidewalk just right of the Administration building.
Growing Your Skills
After you’ve signed up, there are lots of different ways to grow your skills:
Learn your way around the workshop. Through various talks and hands-on explanations, mentors and students explain how to use various tools and the various procedures of the team.
Attend Workshops and Classes, Throughout preseason, our members and mentors will be giving lessons and working with new members to help them learn more and be ready for build season.
Be Involved. Often, the best learning experience comes with jumping right into it. With the guidance of more experienced mentors and members, pursue projects and participate in what interests you.
Take a look at our team resources. Our team has collected information that we think is important, and you can find all of that on our resources page.
If you have any scheduling/team questions, you can also check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.